Loose tenons were placed in the mortises and the segments stacked and brought together to verify that they could create something resembling a circle. A few of the mortises were not of uniform depth so I used the Veritas router plane to deepen the mortises to full depth.
Next up was cutting the inside curve with the bandsaw. The initial curve was used to mark the curve on its mating segment. Then I used combination of spokeshave, special sanding block (made from offcut) and card scraper. I didn’t think of the card scraper until pretty fall along the process. That worked pretty well. The spokeshave had mixed results due to the grain situation. The sanding block worked, but took much effort and time.